What we do
To provide specialist support for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers as part of the integrated Carers Service in Cornwall.
To improve outcomes for Young Carers who are at high risk of social exclusion and underachieving or experiencing difficulties at school because of their role as a young carer.
To reduce the impact of caring demands by effective signposting and to meet the needs of high level young carers.
To work with Young Adult Carers to support them through the transition from a Young Carer to an Adult Carer. Peer groups, activities and residentials will be used to support this work.
Secondary schools will be equipped to better support Young Carers and there will be a focus on primary schools to identify Young Carers at an earlier age to reduce the impact of caring.
We can help with
- Supporting children and young people who care for and look after family members affected by health issues, disability or substance misuse.
- Find out more about Young carers
- Search for Young carers services
- Supports individuals and groups, for example young people identifying as LGBTQ, in personal development and developing the skills to make positive life choices.
- Search for Youth services services