What we do
In response to this, following discussion with the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain, Barnardo's have set up the Ukrainian Support Helpline to provide a holistic support service. The Helpline is available to anyone fleeing to the UK as a result of the war in Ukraine.
You can find more information about the Helpline on our helplines website - https://helpline.barnardos.org.uk
Supporting host families
The government recently launched the Homes for Ukraine scheme. You might also hear it being called the Ukraine Sponsorship scheme. As part of the project, people across the UK can apply to host people arriving from Ukraine in their own home or a separate home.
Welcoming people into your own home can be a deeply rewarding experience. But we know that it’s also a big commitment. With that in mind, Barnardo’s, NSPCC, Save the Children, and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health have collaborated to produce a guide to provide practical advice and support to host families welcoming new arrivals from Ukraine into their households.
Find out more by downloading the document.
We can help with
- Supporting families and individual children including: foster services for children and young people who arrive here on their own, help children get the healthcare and schooling they need while they are in the UK and giving parents practical support
- Find out more about Refugee/asylum seeker services
- Search for Refugee/asylum seeker services services
- Supporting parents, carers and families with guidance and activities
- Find out more about Family support
- Search for Family support services