What we do
The ACT Service will work with other Barnardo's mental health services across the UK to identify CYP aged 10-19 years with mild to moderate mental health needs, who have been waiting for a counselling service and who would be suitable for, and prefer a virtual/online intervention.
The ACT service will deliver a variety of therapeutic support interventions through a digital platform. Practically the offer will include:
• Initial assessment and contact with parent/carer (where appropriate)
• A virtual offer of weekly 1:1 support sessions (6-8) aligned to the needs of the individual CYP e.g. CBT, integrative counselling , solution focussed therapy , creative therapy. Delivered via the Barnardo’s Journey App
• Group therapy (delivered virtually through 6 sessions). Groups could include Decider Skills or a thematic focus e.g. Emotional Based School Avoidance
Young People will be involved in shaping and influencing the way this service develops and is delivered and will help design new ways to support CYP with their emotional health and wellbeing.
We can help with
- Services supporting children and young people's emotional health and wellbeing. We have centres where children and young people can visit and have a trained worker they can trust and talk to. We help them build their confidence and get to the root of their difficulties.
- Find out more about Mental health
- Search for Mental health services