It’s important to be open and transparent about how we spend money and where that money comes from. That’s why we share information about our funding and the ways in which we will use donations.
For every £1 you donate, we spend approximately:
- 92p on working with children and young people
- 3p on governance and pension finance costs
- the remaining 5p on raising the next £1
For every £1 we spend, approximately:
- 58p comes from grants and fees
- 22p comes from trading, including from our shops
- 14p comes from donations, including gifts and wills
- 6p comes from investments and property
We use your money to support children all over the UK through our services, campaigns and research.
In 2019-20, we worked with 358,800 children, young people, parents and carers.
100,700 through our children’s centres and family hubs
45,100 through our school-based programmes
131,800 through our Child and Family Wellbeing Service (partnership)
To find out more about how your donation makes a real difference to young people in the UK, read about our impact.
Campaigning and research
It’s vital that we speak up to help give young people the best chance in life. To do this, we spend money on campaigning to help change policies and raise awareness of issues affecting children and young people.
We also spend funds on research to help us understand how best to support them. We publish our research and reports so that we can all benefit from them.