Welcome to See, Hear, Respond.
We are a partnership of organisations who have come together to support to children, young people and families who are affected by coronavirus and the lockdown. There are many ways we can help: by listening to you over the phone, meeting you in person or sharing in our online hub the support and information you might need.
What kind of help can we give?
We will listen carefully and work out the best way to support you.
This might be help with:
- Going back to school
- Emotional and wellbeing advice and counselling
- If you're a young carer and need support where you live
- Feelings of anxiety and depression, isolation and loneliness
- Family stress and finding coping strategies
- Parental mental health,
- Concerns about your child’s online life and more
If you’d like us to help or would like to know more first, please start by telling us who you are:
Child or young person
If you want to tell us about your situation.
Parent or carer
If you want the See, Hear, Respond service to contact you
If you want to refer a child or a young person to the See, Hear, Respond service
Who can we help?
We are here to help children, young people and their families affected by Covid-19 in England. If you’re not sure if we can help, it’s okay to give us a call. You can tell us about yourself and, if we can’t help you, we’ll find someone who can.
We can usually help if:
- you are under the age of 18,
- you have a special educational need and are under the age of 25,
- you are not already supported by social services in England,
- you care for anyone described above, or
- if you are expecting children.
See, Hear, Respond is delivered in conjunction with a number of national partners, all working towards the common goal of providing support and advice to England's vulnerable children, young people and their families.
Do you need urgent help?
In an emergency, always contact 999.
Contact the NSPCC if you’re worried about a child. Call 0808 800 5000.
Contact Childline, if you’re a child who needs urgent help. Call 0800 1111.