If you have a problem with gambling, you can tell us to stop you entering our lotteries and raffle.
This is called self-exclusion.
When you ask us to do this, we exclude you for a minimum of six months and a maximum of five years. Whatever time you choose to self-exclude for, after it is over, we will stop you gambling with us for a further seven years unless you tell us not to.
How self-exclusion works
- fill in the form below
- we will update your records within two days of receiving your self-exclusion form
- we will close your account and stop sending you marketing material related to gambling
- if we hold money in your account, we will return it to you
- we will put your name and details on a self-exclusion register along with credit card numbers you have used for previous gambling
- you can choose to self-exclude from a specific lottery, or all lotteries and raffles that we run
- you must choose to self-exclude for a specific period, anywhere between six months and five years
- you cannot get out of self-exclusion until the end of your chosen exclusion period
- you can extend your period of exclusion in six-month periods
- at the end of your period, the self-exclusion will remain in place for a further seven years unless you tell us by phone or in person that you want to gamble again
- we will not send you any marketing material during the seven-year follow-up period unless you ask us to
- if you want to end your self-exclusion during the seven-year follow-up period, you must request a restart gambling form from the supporter relations team, by post, phone or in person
- if you want to gamble after your seven-year follow-up period, you must request a restart gambling form from the supporter relations team by post, phone or in person
- you must send your completed restart gambling form back by post to the address below - this completed form is your formal authority to cease the self-exclusion agreement
- you will have a one-day cooling off period after we receive your restart gambling form
Fill in Barnardo's self-exclusion form
If you want to download the form from the bottom of this page and fill it in, please sign your form before posting it to:
Supporter relations team
If you have queries or would like to discuss self-exclusion confidentially, email the supporter relations team email@example.com or call them on 0800 008 7005.
Self-exclusion on other websites
You can also self-exclude from other gambling websites and facilities in your area.
Gamcare provides free online counselling for people with gambling problems.
Preventing underage gambling
We are responsible for minimising and preventing underage gambling. All our gambling materials, website pages and terms and conditions clearly state that players must be 18 or over.
Protecting vulnerable people
We have a responsibility to protect vulnerable people, including those who:
- have a medical or mental condition which interferes with their decision-making process
- have learning difficulties
- are under the influence of non-prescription drugs or alcohol
- cannot control their gambling
We aim to protect and engage with those who cannot control their gambling through self-exclusion.
We ask vulnerable people to take time to consider whether to gamble or not and to look at the help that can be found on these websites:
You can also speak to someone confidentially about your gambling.
Gambleaware is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling.
Call Gambleaware on (local rate) 0808 8020 13.
Read our vulnerable supporter policy to find out more.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy of the Barnardo’s social responsibility gaming policies.