What we do
Almost all young people in care leave children’s homes and foster care by the time that they’re 18, compared to their peers who stay at home until their mid-20s. From April 2020 the Service supports these young people from the age of 16 to their mid-20s, to make a successful move to living in the community. Practical and emotional assistance is offered to young people who may not have any other source of support. Education, training and support is provided for all young people.
We can help with
- Supporting the transition to independent living, including advice, supported lodgings, help getting a job.
- Find out more about Leaving care
- Search for Leaving care services
- Housing support to assist and sustain independent living. Raising awareness through educational visits and improving the understanding of risks.
- Find out more about Housing and homelessness
- Search for Housing and homelessness services