What we do
The service offers independent advocacy to young people transitioning from a Special Educational Needs statement to an Educational Health and Care Plan. We also advocate for young people who are unhappy with any aspect of their plan.
We are an independant body who can arrange to meet with the young person, we will support the young person to make sure that their voice is heard and that their wishes and feelings around their personal health care and needs are taken into account when decision are being made .
We offer support to the young person so that they can attend meetings, or if they feel unable to do so themselves then we can attend on their behalf to be their voice within the meeting to ensure that that they get the best possible results to suit their needs.
Tel: 07808 736330
Open Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm
We can help with
- One-to-one support for looked-after children and young people and other vulnerable young people e.g. those on a child protection plan focused on their right to be heard and involved in decisions about them, explaining their wishes, arguing their case. Activities and training for families and professionals.
- Find out more about Advocacy and participation (children in care)
- Search for Advocacy and participation (children in care) services
- Enabling and supporting children and young people to participate in decision making processes
- Search for Rights and participation services