What we do
Greater Manchester Key Working Service for children and young people 0-25years with a Learning Disability and/or Autism who are at risk of admission to a mental health ward or in need of a 52 week residential school/college or where families and professionals believe things are escalating and without support could be an outcome.
See our service video https://clipchamp.com/watch/MiO6eYqTv1w
The Keyworking Function has been developed as a response to the NHS England & NHS Improvement Long Term Plan (LTP) commitment that by 2023/24, children and young people with a learning disability, autism or both, with the most complex needs will have a designated Keyworker: implementing the recommendations made by Dame Christine Lenehan.
The vision is: Children and young people with a learning disability, autism or both with the most complex needs will have a designated Keyworker.
• Improve children and young people’s lived experience so they feel safe and happy, listened to, informed and involved in their plans, care and support
• Improve parent/carers & families' lived experience so they have reduced stress and uncertainty, are more stable feel listened to, informed and involved
• Improving access - timely access to the right personalised support, assessment, care and support are integrated across education, health, social care and voluntary, community services
• Continuity of care and support
• Well planned and well managed transitions
• Improving quality of care, reasonably adjusted support, reducing inequalities, implementation of Care and Education Treatment Review (CETR) recommendations
• Outcomes agreed with young person and family
See our Facebook page -https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085071324741
We can help with
- Including children and young people with disabilities in community activities and decisions about themselves.
- Find out more about Disability advocacy/participation
- Search for Disability advocacy/participation services
- Supporting parents, carers and families with guidance and activities
- Find out more about Family support
- Search for Family support services