What we do
LINK is a Social Prescribing Service for Children and Young People aged 5 to 19 in Cumbria.
LINK works alongside GP practice teams in Carlisle, Penrith & Eden, Keswick & Solway and Longtown & Brampton Primary Care Networks (PCN), to support children and young people with their emotional health and wellbeing.
LINK is a personalised service - every child and young person works with a link worker to establish what is important to them as individuals and to find a solution that works for them.
Children and young people must be registered to a GP surgery or attend a school within one of the above PCN areas and can be referred into the Service by their GP, other healthcare professional or professional at school.
• 1 to 1 support with a Link Worker
• Assessment tools based on Signs of Wellbeing
• Drop-in Wellbeing Groups in various settings
• Working widely with other community groups
Area’s of support:
• Confidence & low self esteem
• Social Isolation
• Peer difficulties
• School related worries
• Community Engagement
• Future goal setting
• Developing resilience
• Worry management
• Family relationships
• Coping with stress & mild anxiety
Instagram: @linkcumbria Facebook: LINK Cumbria
We can help with
- Services supporting children and young people's emotional health and wellbeing. We have centres where children and young people can visit and have a trained worker they can trust and talk to. We help them build their confidence and get to the root of their difficulties.
- Find out more about Mental health
- Search for Mental health services