Mental Health Support Teams
Barnardo’s delivers 12 Mental Health Support Teams (MHSTs) across England
Barnardo’s has been involved in the delivery of MHSTs since the first wave was commissioned in 2018/19. Our Swindon MHSTs were part of the Trailblazer roll out and we have since become the lead delivery partner to Birmingham & Solihull, Morecambe Bay and North Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and are part of a delivery collaborative on the Isle of Wight.
Our dedicated Health Team, Children’s Services and Business Development Managers are available for consultation, advice and assistance with the creation of your localised MHST response and bid development. We are also on hand to share our learning to add value to the management and development of your unique MHST delivery model.
As a delivery partner, Barnardo’s can offer:
- knowledge and learning from our existing work with local authorities and CCGs in the Trailblazer and subsequent waves
- specialist expertise in mental health interventions for children and young people
- support to implement an individualised approach, which meets the needs of and is designed with local children and young people
- opportunities to develop a trauma informed whole school approach
- bespoke training to MHSTs and school staff
Case Study – Swindon MHST
In Swindon, the CCG, NHS England (NHSE) and the Department for Education (DfE) have commended our robust approach, underpinned by Barnardo’s clinical governance framework, partnership working and a dedicated implementation team jointly project managed with the CCG.
Local structures including trailblazer, mental health and education steering and sub-groups and ongoing implementation of the THRIVE model have enabled a co-ordinated approach across key stakeholders.