Commission us to deliver mental health services
Commission the UK’s largest children’s charity to meet the mental health and wellbeing needs of children and young people, to improve their outcomes now and for the future
Why commission us?
Barnardo’s brings over 150 years’ experience of supporting the most vulnerable children, young people and their families in the UK. Promoting and improving children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing is at the heart of our 800 services and partnerships and a key part of Barnardo’s Corporate Strategy.
We work with a wide range of commissioners and partners at neighbourhood, place-based and regional geographies. Barnardo’s services are based on principles of personalised care and shared decision making, with the voice of children, young people and their families at the heart, ensuring all services are accessible and appropriate.
Our offer includes universal wellbeing and resilience support, counselling, specialist services for highly vulnerable groups, trauma recovery and informed practice and integrated Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHs).
In 2020-21 we supported 48,500 children and young people and their families through our mental health services including 38,039 through our school-based support programmes.
Since launching our first specialist bereavement counselling services over 20 years ago, we now have 76 mental health services throughout the UK working in partnership with a range of commissioning bodies. These services span health, education and social care to deliver cost-effective and innovative mental health support that meet the needs of, and improve outcomes for, children, young people and their families.
Barnardo's commissioned services and partners benefit from:
- Our expertise, knowledge and skills in delivering high quality mental health support across all the Thrive categories of need
- Our passion and commitment to support vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Our membership of the Department for Health and Social Care Health & Wellbeing Alliance, enables us to stay current in our practice, speaking regularly to NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSEI) policy and regional leads and input into models being developed in the NHS around health inequalities
- Our experience of delivering large-scale contracts and supply chain management
- Locally tailored delivery, based on a tried and tested methodology
- The added value of the Barnardo’s brand and wider support
Our work together
Mental health support teams
Key worker schemes