Lots of little feet all across the UK have been making a big difference this summer!
A Big Toddle is a short sponsored walk to raise money to help Barnardo’s transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children.
This year's Big Toddle Week was the 24th - 30th June, when over 45,000 roar-some little ones took part.
We will be announcing our dates for Big Toddle Week 2020 very soon, so keep your eyes peeled!
Each year has a theme. Last year it was nature, this year it was animals! Take a look at the short video below...
Getting involved is easy and we have lots of free activities, resources and games to help your little ones enjoy this year’s roar-some theme. Our resources also fit purr-fectly into the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, providing your little monkeys with some great learning opportunities in the build up to their walk.
With lots of opportunities for inventive dressing up, creative arts & crafts and heaps of outdoor fun, our fundraising pack is jam-packed with ideas and tips to ensure you have a whale of a time.
What your support can do
By raising funds for Big Toddle you are helping us protect, support and nurture the UK's most vulnerable children.
Barnardo’s offer over 1,000 life-changing services that empower the UK’s most vulnerable children to feel as brave as a roaring lion, as confident as a cheeky monkey and as fearless as an adventurous shark. Every single penny that you raise will help them overcome the challenges they face and move towards a brighter, happier future. Did you know that every £25 you raise could provide special toys and books for a family with a severely disabled child?
How do I organise a Toddle?
- Choose your date - Most people are aiming to hold their Big Toddle between 24 and 30 June 2019, but you can organise your sponsored walk on any convenient day.
- Choose your location – Indoors or out, a half mile walk is usually about right, and it's good to pick somewhere full of natural sights and sounds like a park or woods.
- Invite everyone along – Your fundraising pack includes invites that could help you spread the word. Why not share your Big Toddle fun on Facebook and Twitter too?
How can I raise money?
There are lots of ways to make fundraising fun, and your Big Toddle fundraising pack is full of inspiration and ideas to help you raise vital funds.
The children can ask friends or family members to sponsor them for their Toddling achievements using our special sponsorship forms or through a JustGiving page.
You could add a delicious extra touch to your Toddle with an animals-themed picnic or cake sale. Why not consider offering face-painting on the day with a suggested donation from parents or guardians?
What's in my fundraising pack?
Your Big Toddle fundraising pack is jam-packed with lots of goodies that will make sure your sponsored walk is a roar-some success. These include:
- Your Big Toddle fundraising guide
- Posters and invites to advertise your Big Toddle
- Sponsorship forms and certificates
- Turtle-y incredible animals stickers
- Free medals for those tired little feet at the finish line
- King and Queen of the Jungle fundraising totalisers
- The Big Toddle Safari Map route guide
- Exclusive early years Animals-themed learning resources
What if I’m not free during Toddle Week?
Although most people are aiming to hold their Big Toddle between 24 and 30 June 2019, you can organise your sponsored walk on any convenient day.
How long should my walk be?
Indoors or out, a half mile walk is usually about right, and it's good to pick somewhere full of natural sights and sounds like a park or woods.
How do I pay in my fundraising?
Every penny raised in The Big Toddle could completely transform the life of a vulnerable child. You could transform lives using any of the below. Please have your Barnardo’s reference number (starting ORN or SRN) handy:
- Pay in online with JustGiving
- Call our friendly Supporter Relations team on 0800 008 7005 to make a payment using a credit or debit card, or request our bank details to pay by BACS.
- Send your cheque(s), made payable to Barnardo’s Big Toddle, with your bank giro slip to Barnardo’s Big Toddle Processing, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, IG6 1QG.
- Take donated cash, cheques and your bank giro slip to any Barclays bank.
Are there are any Public Toddles this year?
I have another question! Who can I ask?
Email email@example.com or call 0800 008 7005
Dudley Zoo are hosting a turtle-y incredible Big Toddle on 11 June. Help make a difference to more children’s lives and give your little ones a day to remember at Dudley Zoo!
At a time when more young people need specialist help with complex issues like sexual abuse, mental health problems and serious violence, our work is more vital than ever. Find out more about our work with children.
We shine a spotlight on the issues that most affect vulnerable children, young people and their families. Stay up to date with our latest campaigns, media statements and blog posts.