Lots of little feet can make a massive difference this summer!
Our roar-some Safari-themed adventure continues this year, as Big Toddle Week returns on 28 June - 4th July 2021.
A Big Toddle is a short sponsored walk for under 5s. This year, after almost a year stuck indoors, it is so much more than that. It is an opportunity to focus on the incredible experiences we can give our little ones, to see the joy they can find in the rustle of leaves and the splatter of boots in puddles. It is a chance to stop worrying about dirty clothes and muddy faces, and simply have buffaloads of fun.
For Barnardo’s, the health and safety of our supporters is completely paramount. This year, getting involved with the Big Toddle is easier than ever before. We have two incredible Safari-themed ways that little feet can make a massive difference in 2021:
1) Toddle Together
Whether with your nursery, playgroup or friends, this summer is the perfect opportunity to Toddle together. You can choose the date, location and distance of your Big Toddle and we will provide you with all the fundraising goodies you need to have an elephant-astic day.
This includes a FREE medal, sponsorship form and sticker for each child taking part!
2) Home Safari
A Toddle is normally held with your friends from your nursery or group, but due to the current situation, you can also take part with a turtle-y amazing Home Safari. Bringing the fun to the comfort of your home is easy peasy!
Alongside an incredible Home Safari ideas pack, you will also receive a FREE medal, sponsorship form and sticker for each child taking part!
Our digital Big Toddle fundraising pack is jam-packed with lots of FREE activities, resources and games to help take your little ones on a wild safari adventure with 2021’s Safari theme. Our resources also fit purr-fectly into the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, providing your cheeky little monkeys with some great learning opportunities along the way.
With lots of opportunities for inventive dressing up, creative arts & crafts and heaps of indoor and outdoor fun, The Big Toddle will make sure you have a whale of a time this summer.
Children of all ages and abilities can enjoy a Toddle or Home Safari, and the littlest cubs can still be part of the fun from their pushchairs.
How do I organise a Toddle?
It's easy and your fundraising pack has everything you need to get started, but here are some simple steps to give you an idea:
- Choose your date - Most people are aiming to hold their Big Toddle between 28 June and 4 July 2021, but you can organise your Toddle on any convenient day.
- Choose your location and distance – You can pick between Toddling Together or taking on our Home Safari. Indoors or out, a half mile walk is usually about right, and it's good to pick somewhere full of natural sights and sounds like a park or woods.
- Invite everyone along – Your fundraising pack includes invites that could help you spread the word. Why not share your Big Toddle fun on Facebook and Twitter too?
- Be Safe - Please check and follow the up-to-date national and regional Government regulations regarding social distancing before planning your Toddle.
- Have an elephant-astic time - Your roar-some fundraising pack includes everything you will need to have a turtle-y incredible time on the day.
How can I raise money?
Fundraising for your Big Toddle couldn’t be easier and our fundraising pack is a great place to start. It’s full of inspiration and ideas to help your little ones raise vital funds, whilst having loads of fun! You’ll get your digital pack as soon as you sign up so you can start fundraising straight away. We are sending physical fundraising packs on a weekly basis, so your pack should be with you within three weeks. If your event is sooner, please let us know and we will do our best to get one sent to you.
Children taking part can ask friends or family members to sponsor using our special sponsorship forms or you can help them to set up a JustGiving page for the event. You’ll find all the information on how to do this in your Fundraising Pack.
What’s in my fundraising pack?
Your Big Toddle and Home Safari fundraising pack is jam-packed with lots of goodies that will make sure your sponsored walk is a roar-some success. In the post, you will receive a fundraising guide and one sponsorship form, sticker and medal for each child taking part. Your digital resources will include:
- Your Big Toddle fundraising guide
- Posters and invites to advertise your Big Toddle
- Sponsorship forms and certificates
- Turtle-y incredible animals stickers
- Free medals for those tired little feet at the finish line
- King and Queen of the Jungle fundraising totalisers
- The Big Toddle Safari Map route guide
- Exclusive early years Animals-themed learning resources
What if I’m not free during Toddle Week?
Although most people are aiming to hold their Big Toddle between 21 and 27 June 2021, you can organise your Toddle on any convenient day.
How long should my Toddle be?
Indoors or out, a half mile walk is usually about right, and it's good to pick somewhere full of natural sights and sounds like a park or woods.
How do I pay in my fundraising?
Every penny raised in The Big Toddle could completely transform the life of a vulnerable child. You could transform lives using any of the below. Please have your Barnardo’s reference number (starting ORN or SRN) handy. This will be included at the top of your welcome pack which we will send after you register:
- Pay in online with JustGiving
- Call our friendly Supporter Relations team on 0800 008 7005 to make a payment using a credit or debit card, or request our bank details to pay by BACS.
- Send your cheque(s), made payable to Barnardo’s Big Toddle, with your bank giro slip to Barnardo’s Big Toddle Processing, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, IG6 1QG.
- Take donated cash, cheques and your bank giro slip to any Barclays bank.
I have another question! Who can I ask?
Email [email protected] or call 0800 008 7005
What we do
Find out more about what we do to support children and families across the UK.
Who we are
At a time when more young people need specialist help with complex issues like sexual abuse, mental health problems and serious violence, our work is more vital than ever. Find out more about our work with children.
News & Blog
We shine a spotlight on the issues that most affect vulnerable children, young people and their families. Stay up to date with our latest campaigns, media statements and blog posts.