1. The Barnardo’s raffle is a ‘society lottery’ and is operated on behalf of Barnardo’s by StarVale Management & Technologies Limited, Galgate Mill, The Tannery, Chapel Lane, Galgate, Lancaster, LA2 0PR. StarVale Management & Technologies Limited is an external lottery manager licensed by the Gambling Commission to conduct multiple society lotteries under licence numbers 000-003273-N-103078-010 and 000-003273-N-103079-012 on behalf of societies such as Barnardo’s.
2. Barnardo’s (the promoter) is licensed by the Gambling Commission under licence numbers 000-004642-R-310383-012 and 000-004642-N-305392-013. This lottery is subject to the laws of England, Wales and Scotland and run under the rules laid down by the Gambling Act 2005.
3. All proceeds from this raffle go to Barnardo’s Children’s Charity (Registered office address: Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex IG6 1QG). Registered Charity No: 216250 / SC037605. The responsible person for all raffles is Fiona Meyers, Barnardo's, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex IG6 1QG.
4. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to enter a society lottery. Barnardo’s has determined that the minimum age that has been established for players to participate in this lottery is 18. By submitting your request you confirm that:
a) you are 18 years of age or over.
b) you are a resident of Great Britain.
c) you will not buy or purport to buy an entry to the raffle on behalf of anybody under the age of 18.
d) you will provide the promoter with accurate entry information and you accept that it is your responsibility to keep the promoter informed of any changes as soon as they arise and in any event before the raffle is drawn.
e) you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate, to the promoter’s satisfaction, your representations under paragraphs 4(a), (b) and (c) above are both factual and correct.
5. The promoter reserves the right to carry out any checks which it deems necessary to confirm age eligibility for entry in to any raffle draw.
6. Any person found to be under 18 years of age who has entered the raffle will be excluded from future entries and any monies paid over by them will be returned and, if applicable, any prizes won will be withheld.
Entering the raffle
7. Participants in the Barnardo’s Christmas Raffle 2019 (the raffle) whose paid entries are received by 22 November 2019 will be entered into a draw to win: one prize of £7,000; one prize of £1,000; 10 prizes of £100; 50 prizes of £10. The cost of each entry into the raffle is £1. Players can purchase up to a maximum of 50 tickets. Once a raffle ticket has been purchased it is not possible to cancel the entry into the raffle nor is it possible to refund the cost of the ticket(s). By entering the raffle entrants agree to provide a photo and a quote about their win, and to the promoter using this photo and their title, surname and home county in relation to being a winner of the raffle, including on the promoter’s website, and on promotional materials relating to the raffle and related activities.
8. To enter the raffle, players must purchase one or more raffle tickets. Each ticket is unique and has a serial number. This serial number is used to determine the winner.
9. All ticket stubs must be returned as instructed by the closing date (22 November 2019) in order to gain entry into the raffle. The closing date and the raffle draw date are clearly displayed on each raffle ticket.
10. All players should retain the tickets themselves, as the information written on them is important and players may be asked to show the tickets as proof of entry if a query were to arise following the raffle draw taking place.
11. By entering into any of the raffles every player is agreeing to abide by the above terms and conditions of the raffle.
12. All late entries received after the closing date will be voided and the monies received for these entries will be treated as a cash donation to Barnardo’s. Barnardo’s or StarVale Management & Technologies Limited will not be held responsible for any lost, late or incorrectly formatted entries.
13. All ticket stubs will be held securely until the date of the draw (6 December 2019). Winning tickets will be determined by a random process in a secure environment and in the presence of an adjudicator. The order of determination of the winning tickets will determine the order of prizes allocated i.e. the first ticket drawn wins the first prize and so on. Please note that it is not possible to predict the chances of winning a prize as this is not a ‘fixed odds’ raffle.
14. Winners will be notified by post within 28 days of the draw.
15. By entering the raffle, entrants also agree that if they win, their titles, surnames and county or town will be published on the website. A list of winners will be available on the Barnardo's website within seven days of the draw or by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Supporter Relations team, Barnardo's, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex IG6 1QG.
16. There are no alternatives to the cash prize where cash is the only prize on offer and no interest is payable.
17. The promoter will pay prizes directly to winners of the raffle by cheque or BACS, as the player requests, within 28 days of tickets being returned. Please note if you would like to be paid by cheque it may take up to four weeks for it to arrive. In the event of a delay, winners will be notified by post or telephone as soon as reasonably possible.
18. Whilst every effort will be made to contact winners, if we are unable to make contact within 90 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be used to fund Barnardo’s vital work.
19. If a cheque payment from the promoter remains uncashed after 90 days of the draw, this prize will be forfeited and used to fund Barnardo’s vital work.
20. The promoter accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay and is not liable for any late bank payments.
21. Barnardo’s employees who have direct involvement with lottery or raffle products are excluded from playing the raffle.
22. The raffle is intended to be a fun way to support the promoter’s work. If you feel you have a problem with gambling visit the promotor's self-exclusion and responsible gambling page or the BeGambleaware website, or call the National Helpline on 0808 8020 133 – lines are open 8.00am until midnight – where you can get help and advice.
23. You can self-exclude from the raffle or ALL of the promoter’s lotteries for a minimum period of six months and up to a period of five years if it is needed. Any self-exclusion period may, on request, be extended for one or more further periods of at least six months.
24. This can be done by filling in the self-exclusion form on the promotor's self-exclusion and responsible gambling page or making the request in writing to the Supporter Relations team at the promoter’s registered office address (see paragraph 2). You should read the guidance notes on the consequences of self-exclusion and agree to them before the period commences.
25. The promoter will comply with any relevant data protection legislation (GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018) to protect your personal data for the purposes of administering your participation in the raffle and communicating with you about the raffle. The promoter will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. Unless otherwise indicated by you, the promoter may occasionally send you information to keep you up to date with the work that your contributions help fund and other ways in which you can support the promoter.
26. All complaints and disputes relating to the raffle will be dealt with by the promoter in accordance with the promoter’s gaming-specific complaints and disputes policy and procedure.
Find out how to make a complaint about a Barnardo's lottery or raffle
27. In the event a ‘dispute’ (as defined within the promoter’s policy) cannot be resolved by these means then it may be referred to alternative dispute resolution (ADR). As a member of the Lotteries Council, the promoter’s ADR entity will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS is a free to use service and its contact details are set out below:
Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London, EC3P 3AS
Telephone: 020 7347 5883
Raffle prize fund
28. The promoter will hold all customer funds, as defined by the Gambling Commission, in a segregated bank account with trust status to protect them against the insolvency of the promoter. This is considered a ‘medium’ level of protection by the Gambling Commission. Customer funds include raffle prize funds that have been allocated but not yet paid to the winner.
29. The promoter has the right to change or update the raffle rules and/or prize fund at its discretion and raffle participants are invited to regularly check the website for updates. The promoter will update this page to reflect any changes. Changes will also be available from Barnardo’s Supporter Relations team.
30. The promoter reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the raffle. This decision shall be final and binding.
31. The promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle entries, communications or prizes which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible or for raffle entries from which the prize winner cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
Express prize draw terms and conditions
1. Participants in the Barnardo’s Christmas Raffle 2019 (the raffle) whose paid entries are received by the closing dates set out in paragraph 2 below will be automatically entered into a free prize draw to win £250.
2. Entries into this prize draw are restricted to one per person. The closing date for the receipt of entries by the promoter is 21 October 2019. Entries received after this date will not be entered into this draw.
3. The winner will be the first name drawn randomly on 6 December 2019. Only entries for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
4. The promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the prize draw is final and no communications will be entered into.
5. Winners will be notified by post within 28 days of the draw date. The promoter will send the prize by 5 March 2020. In the event of a delay, winners will be notified by post or telephone as soon as reasonably possible.
6. This prize draw is open to individuals aged 18 years or over who live in Great Britain. The promoter reserves the right to require proof of identity and age.
7. The prize draw is not open to employees or the immediate family members of the promoter and the agencies or any company involved with running the prize draw.
8. The promoter reserves the right to reject any entry (and award any prize to an alternative winner) if it has grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and shall have no liability to an entrant for any loss or damage arising from such rejection.
9. By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (which may be amended at any time by the promoter). Prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the prize provider. Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
10. Any participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
11. Whilst every effort will be made to contact winners, if we are unable to make contact within 90 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be used to fund Barnardo’s vital work
12. If a cheque payment from the promoter remains uncashed after 90 days of the draw, this prize will be forfeited and used to fund Barnardo’s vital work.
13. The promoter will use your information for the purposes of administering the prize draw. For more information about how the promoter uses personal data see Barnardo’s privacy statement.
14. A list of winners is available on request within seven days of the draw by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Supporter Relations team, Barnardo's, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex IG6 1QG.
15. The promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle entries, communications or prizes which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, or for raffle entries from which the prize winner cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. If you have any queries or complaints please contact the Supporter Relations team by writing to Barnardo's, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex IG6 1QG.