What we do
Sendiass (Special Educational Needs Disability Information Advice Support Service) provides free impartial information, advice and support to disabled children and young people aged 0-25, and those with SEN, through their parents and carers. Young people aged 16+ can have support in their own right.
We can provide advice on the Special Educational Needs (SEN) systems, processes and code of practice, SEN provision in schools, the statutory assessment process and My Plan (Education, Health and Care Plans). We can also support with matters relating to annual reviews, transitions, transport, specialist provision/support services, local policies. If required we can provide information regarding disagreement resolution services and appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST).
Our service is open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. In addition to these hours we run drop ins. For more details and for enquiries please contact us on 01706769634
We aim to respond to all enquiries within 48 working hours.
Our Rochdale which hosts the local offer can be found by clicking this link:
Please note that this is an interim website, the new SENDiass website is under construction
We can help with
- Enabling and supporting children and young people to participate in decision making processes
- Search for Rights and participation services
- Including children and young people with disabilities in community activities and decisions about themselves.
- Find out more about Disability advocacy/participation
- Search for Disability advocacy/participation services