What we do
Barnardo’s Works delivers employability training and support to 16 to 24 years olds within Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
Our service delivers a wide range of programmes that will help you gain confidence to progress towards work or further training. You can get support on a one-to-one basis or within a group setting. You could even get a work placement or some SQA qualifications that you can add to your CV or Job applications.
Barnardo’s Work offers a range of programmes to support school transition. These include Head2Work, Explore and Believe and our new YPG Winter Leaver's programme. These programmes focus on helping school leavers to take their next steps into employment or further training.
Barnardo’s Works also delivers direct support to young people to learn more about the work place, gain a qualification and apply for a job or an apprenticeship under our YPG Shire programme and also our Access to construction providing direct access to construction employers. Our service works with a wide range of employers to provide work experience placements across the city and Aberdeenshire.
If you are interested in finding our more or would like to make a referral then please contact us on 01224 580550 or send an enquiry to [email protected]
We can help with
- Providing advice and advocacy on the skills needed to support sustained employment. Focuses on increasing confidence, resilience and self esteem through employment, work experience, volunteering, educational opportunities and qualifications.
- Find out more about Employability/skills
- Search for Employability/skills services
- Supporting young people into education, employment or training. Increasing confidence, resilience and self esteem through mentoring, work experience, volunteering, educational opportunities and qualifications.
- Find out more about Employment
- Search for Employment services