Text to donate is a quick and easy way to donate to Barnardo’s. If you've already texted a donation, thank you so much. You’re helping to change a child’s life.
How will my donation be spent?
Your donation is crucial to our work, for every £1 donated; we spend 91p on charitable activities, 3p on governance and pension finance costs and the remaining 6p on raising the next £1.
Can I donate by text?
To send a text donation you must be 16 years old or over and you must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
Where can I send text donations from?
Please note that you can donate from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
How can I donate?
You can give a single gift of £5 or £3 via your mobile phone. Just text…
Text Believe to 70700 to donate £5
- Texts will incur the cost of your donation plus a charge at your standard network message rate; please ask bill payer’s permission first.
- Barnardo’s will receive 100% of each donation. This donation service enables you to donate and receive information about the work of Barnardo’s and by using it you agree that we may contact you in the future by SMS. We will also use the mobile phone number to confirm receipt of your donation by text with the following example message: Thank you for your £5 gift. Make your gift go further with Gift Aid: https://vir2.me/bmd.
- If you'd rather we didn't contact you, please add NO INFO after the text to donate key word. Alternatively, you can opt out by contacting the Supporter Relations Team free phone number on 0800 008 7005 or by emailing us with your mobile phone number [email protected].
- Once you have opt out of future text messages, it may take us up to 28 days to remove your number from our database list so please accept our apologies if you receive a text in the meantime. There is no limit on the number of times you may make a donation via text but there is a daily limit of £30 on text donations. You will not be able to donate more by text from the same number on the same day, but you may still incur your standard network message charge if you try.
- See below for General Terms and Conditions relating to all text to donate campaigns.
Gift Aid - Make your donation worth more for free
Donations made via text are eligible for Gift Aid. In order for us to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your gifts and make them worth 25% more, at no cost to you, call us on 0800 008 7005 or visit https://vir2.me/bmd.
Your data will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will only be used to keep you informed about our fundraising, activities, events and services. We will not share your information with any third party organisations except where such transfer is a necessary part of our activities, or we are required to do so by operation of law.
General terms and conditions
- The text to donate message service is being provided by Vir2 Mobile a trading name of RSM2000 Ltd, Suite One, Second Floor, Wrest House, Wrest Park, Silsoe, United Kingdom, MK45 4HS.
- The charge will show on your bill as the number texted and words “Premium SMS” or “Charity Donation”.
- The text donate campaigns are live until the closing date shown in our text message to you. If you text after the closing date or if message or text number back to us is incorrect, you will not make a donation to Barnardo’s but you may still be charged a message at your standard network rate.
- Please ensure you spell the keyword carefully and send your text message to the correct short code or your gift will not be received.
- If your keyword and short code are valid, you will be charged the donation amount when you receive the bounce-back message – this cost will be applied directly to your mobile phone bill. It may take some time for you to receive a bounce-back message. Please wait until you receive it. Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations.
- If your keyword or short code are invalid, you may not receive a bounce-back but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be charged the donation as you will not be donating to Barnardo’s.
- All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send a text donation to us.
- If you would like to contribute additional gifts to Barnardo’s, you can donate online.
- All donations to Barnardo’s, including the donation from the text, are non-refundable.
- Barnardo’s does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
- Barnardo’s is a registered charity (216250 / SC037605. To get involved in different ways please visit fundraising on our website.
How to contact us
If you would like to discuss your mobile payment, please contact the Supporter relations Team:
Email: [email protected]
Call: Supporter Relations Team on 0800 008 7005
Supporter Relations Team
Last updated 29th June 2017