We work to improve the lives of children, young people and families by promoting positive change in policy and practice.
We use the information and experience from our services, and from the children and young people we work with, to develop our policy positions and influence change on the basis of what works and what matters to the people who use our services.
We work collaboratively across all sectors and political parties to achieve the best outcomes for all children and young people. We do this by:
- working with politicians and civil servants
- providing policy briefings and consultation responses
- producing research and evidence
- campaigning with other organisations on children and young people's issues in Wales
- contributing to policy work across the four nations to share learnings and best practice.
Our current policy priority issues include:
- family support
- child sexual abuse and exploitation
- looked-after children and young people leaving care
- mental health and wellbeing
Policy and practice briefings
See our latest briefings and consultation responses
Policy and research reports
See our latest research reports
News in Wales
Read our latest news and press releases