The AJ Bell Great North Run 2024
Join Team Barnardo’s and 57,000 other runners and take on the Great North Run, the world’s largest half marathon on 8th September 2024.
Take part in this iconic event, experience the famous North East welcome and unbeatable race day atmosphere while making a huge difference to the lives of children, young people and families we support across the UK. We'll support you every step of the way with advice on training and fundraising, personalised running vest, a party afterwards and more!
Our early bird offer means you only need to pay an entry fee of £10 and commit to fundraising at least £350.
Join Team Barnardo's to make the achievement of completing the Great North Run even better by doing it while supporting children who need help.
- 8 September 2024
- Entry fee:
- Minimum sponsorship:
Register for this event
Team Barnardo's member
Why run for #TeamBarnardos?
Run for Team Barnardo's and we’ll make sure you know just how incredible you are. In return you can expect:
- a running place in the world famous Great North Run
- a personalised Barnardo’s running vest, scientifically proven to make people cheer very loudly at you – just ask anyone who’s worn one!
- a VIP post-event party, including refreshments
- step-by-step half-marathon training plans from our training experts Running With Us.
- constant inspiration and advice from Sian and Maddie, your very own, very determined personal support team to help you fundraise and stay motivated
- the pride of knowing you are helping support children across the UK
How your money helps
Barnardo's aim is to provide the best outcome for every child, no matter who they are or what they have been through.
By choosing to run for Barnardo's in the AJ Bell Great North Run 2024, you will be helping to make sure that children who need it get the help and support they deserve.
The figures below show the massive impact that your fundraising could have if you take on this challenge with Barnardo’s!
- £500 could provide a motorised chair for a disabled child
- £1000 could pay for 100 young people to attend CV training, helping them to get a job
- £2,000 could pay for 20 prevention education workshops in schools, to educate young people on how to stay safe
- £2,500 could pay for accommodation and activities for a two-day residential break for up to 25 young carers