About the event
Registration for the 2021 Great North Run has now closed. If you would be interested in hearing about running for Barnardo's at the 2022 Great North Run, please email the team on [email protected]
Register for this event
About the challenge
With over 50,000 runners a year, it has become the noisiest, and most unforgettable half marathon in the world – and we’d love you to join #TeamBarnardos and take on this exciting event in support of vulnerable children in the UK.
Want a charity place?
Join the Barnardo’s team by signing up for a charity place! For our places, there is £20 registration fee and fundraising target of £350. Sign up below!
Got your own place?
If you have your own place in the event confirmed, we would love to have you as part of the Barnardo’s Team. There is no minimum fundraising target - so anything you raise is really appreciated.
What do you get?
- Run for #TeamBarnardos and we’ll make sure you know just how incredible you are. We're talking:
- Constant inspiration and advice from Rebecca – your very own, very determined personal support team
- Your personalised Barnardo’s running vest – scientifically proven to make people cheer very loudly at you!*
- Access to our Barnardo's training hub, giving you everything from training advice to training plans.
- The greenest, loudest cheer station on the big day to help you cross that finish line
- Your VIP post-race party, for your team to give you a special thank you for all your hard work
*Just ask anyone who’s worn one of our vests before.
With ongoing concerns around the current Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic, here at Barnardo’s we are closely monitoring the situation regarding events that are due to be taking place over the coming months.
This event is currently due to go ahead and organisers are working to ensure the event is run in a covid-secure way. Of course, if things change and your event is postponed or cancelled, we’ll be sure to be in touch with participants.