About the Cardiff Half Marathon
This iconic, beautiful and predominantly flat course takes runners on an unforgettable tour of Wales’ capital city, past historic landmarks and stunning scenery.
- 6 October 2024
- Entry fee:
- Minimum sponsorship:
Register for this event
The Cardiff Half Marathon is the UK’s second largest half marathon and Wales’ largest multi-charity fundraising event. This iconic event attracts 27,000 runners each year who pass by the city’s stunning landmarks including Cardiff Castle, the Principality Stadium, Cardiff Bay and Civic Centre. Famous for its fast, flat course, the Cardiff Half Marathon is ideal for both experienced and beginner runners looking for an exciting new challenge.
Starting from the historic Cardiff Castle you will head towards the Cardiff City Stadium before running through the Vale of Glamorgan, over the Cardiff Bay Barrage, past the Norwegian Church and Millennium Centre, around the beautiful Roath Park Lake and will finish in the majestic civic centre outside the Temple of Peace on King Edward VII Avenue, where you’ll be given a hero’s welcome!
Why run for Barnardo’s?
Our dedicated Challenge Events team will support you every step of the way with your training and fundraising to ensure you are prepared for race day. As part of #TeamBarnardos, you will receive:
- Expert advice and training plans from our training partner, Running With Us
- Your personalised Barnardo’s running vest proven to make people cheer very loudly at you – just ask anyone who’s worn one!
- A VIP post-race party in the charity village to say a special thank you for all your hard work
- Support and encouragement from the loudest cheer station on route to help you cross the finish line
- Constant inspiration and advice from our enthusiastic Challenge Events Team
- The knowledge that you will be making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable children in the UK
Sign up for a charity place with Barnardo's
Run for Barnardo's and help support children across the UK with your sponsorships! Early bird registration is now open at only £5.
Secured your own place in the event?
If you have your own place in the event, then congratulations - we would love to have you as part of Team Barnardo's!
There isn't a minimum amount that you need to raise on your own place, however every pound that you raise will go a long way in supporting our work. To join Team Barnardo's on your own place, please complete the below form and we'll be in touch!
How your money helps:
By running for #TeamBarnardo’s you will be making an invaluable difference to the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children, young people and their families.
The figures below show the massive impact that your fundraising could have if you take on this challenge with Barnardo’s
- £500 could provide a motorised chair for a disabled child
- £1000 could pay for 100 young people to attend CV training, helping them to get a job
- £2,000 could pay for 20 prevention education workshops in schools, to educate young people on how to stay safe
- £2,500 could pay for accommodation and activities for a two-day residential break for up to 25 young carers
Contact information for Fundraising team
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the Challenge Events Team who will be happy to help.