High Close School
We would like to welcome you to our website which we hope you will find of use.
High Close School is:
- A mixed residential and day school
- Set in beautiful grounds located in Wokingham, Berkshire
- For up to 86 pupils who have a range of special educational needs, which are categorised under different areas by Ofsted
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Conduct Disorder
We have recently been formally recognised by Ofsted as a school for pupils with:
- Communication and interaction needs
- Autistic spectrum needs
- Speech, language and communication needs
We see every pupil as an individual and strive to nurture happiness, a feeling of safety, confidence and enjoyment within our school environment. Pupils are fully supported and encouraged to help them get the best from themselves.
- Fortnightly boarding
- Junior boarding
- Day pupil provision
- National Curriculum teaching
We are hugely proud of our school and the environment we have created. In our website you will find information about our education and care provision as well as the school community as a whole. We aim to offer the very best to our pupils in order they can fulfil their potential whilst growing in confidence and maturity. We hope to equip them with the skills and tools necessary to make a full and positive contribution to society.
We believe that every child and young person can grow to enjoy education and achieve their goals regardless of any problems they have previously had at school. Ultimately, we believe in children and we work hard to help them realise and have belief in their own potential.
Download the school brochure
Our school brochure is available to download.