Barnardo's Scotland Fostering, Edinburgh
Barnardo’s Scotland Fostering Edinburgh recruit, train and support foster carers to provide a range of fostering services for children and young people aged 0 – 18 years. The service promotes quality care, careful matching and place the child at the centre of all that we do.
The Service works with up to 17 local authorities across Scotland. Our carers come from Edinburgh and the Lothians, Fife and the central belt.
Barnardo’s Scotland Fostering, Edinburgh
6 Torphichen Street
Tel: 0131 228 4121
- Placement of children & young people with challenging behaviour and complex needs
- Short term and emergency placements
- On going training and intensive support available to carers
- Additional services of children’s worker and child psychotherapists.
- Provide active Carer Support Groups that meet regularly to enable carers to advise and support one another
There hasn’t been a time over the past 18 years when I haven’t had a child in my home or in my head. It has been the biggest challenge I have ever had but has also been the most worthwhile - Jane, foster carer
The most rewarding part of fostering is seeing the young children grow, develop and become more confident. The challenges which I have faced include communicating with one of my foster boys with learning difficulties to help him understand what we are saying and there have been conflicts at times but there is so much to learn from these situations and we always find a way of resolving them as a family.