What we do
Safer Futures SATAS is open 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. Our core hours are 8.30 to 5.00
The team offer a number of services including:
- Individual therapeutic work with children and young people who have been sexually abused. This can be undertaken under pre-trial therapy guidelines.
- Group-work for children and young people who have been sexually abused.
- Safe care assessments where there are concerns about the carers’ capacity to protect. This can be in the context of ongoing family court proceedings.
- Safe care support or awareness raising work to assist parents or carers who are struggling with the impact of sexual abuse on them and or their family.
- Sex offender assessments where there has been no conviction or where a previously convicted perpetrator is moving into a different family.
- Family reunification assessments following a positive outcome of treatment for a perpetrator, positive assessment of the safe carer and recovery work for the victim.
- Assessment of sexualised behaviours in children and young people whose behaviours do not reach the criminal threshold.
- Training, skills building workshop programmes and Consultancy on all aspects of our work.
- Schools group work programmes for young people where there are concerns about sexualised behaviours / preventive groups to support better information about growing up, bodies, boundaries and keeping safe.