About Mandala Therapy & Play
We believe in the power of play. The creative imagination is a resource that can improve children’s lives and increase their potential for a healthier and happier future.
We are a team of qualified and experienced creative arts and play therapists and play workers dedicated to providing meaningful support for children who have experienced trauma in early life.
We work closely with parents, carers and key professionals to privide gentle, nuturing therapeutic support to help them recover from trauma they have experienced and promote a better understanding of their needs.
The more healthy relationships a child has, the more likely he will be to recover from trauma and thrive. Relationships are the agents of change and the most powerful therapy is human love. - Bruce Perry
We are currently delivering in Somerset, Devon, Wiltshire, Dorset, North Somerset, Bristol and Gloucestershire
About our Therapy Work
Our therapeutic approach is nurturing, playful and gentle.
Our therapeutic model is systemic, humanistic, child-led, creative-arts based and supported by current research and evidence.
We specialise in:
- Domestic abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Supporting Adoption Placements
- Children in care – facing placement breakdown
- Insecure attachment
Our team of therapists is led by a Child Psychotherapist that can provide:
- 1:1 Psychotherapy and Play Therapy sessions
- Therapeutic group work for children with a shared issue.
- Specialist Training to staff groups, Supervision & Advice:
About our Play Work
Our play team offers a wide range of play based interventions such as community Play Rangers or Play Days.
Our play team can offer:
- Weekly Play Ranger sessions for communities
- Play Days for schools, communities and organisations
- Therapeutic outdoor play sessions for schools