Birth and Beyond: 0-5 Parenting Programmes
The first few years of life are the most important in a child's development cycle with rapid growth physically, socially and mentally. Such as learning to crawl, walk and talk this is a time of new adventures and learning. Therefore, at the 0-19 years Centres we offer a range of support, advice and guidance both pre and post birth.
There are the sections on this website which provide support for this development phase:
- Parentcraft is an engaging programme that, in the space of 3 weeks, not only prepares you for the birth but also provides advice and guidance for the early days with you and your baby.
- Five to Thrive. For first time parents with babies 0-6 months old. The 4 workshops explore the five building blocks that help your child's brain to grow so they can be happy, make friends, enjoy family life and develop their learning.
- Baby Incredible Years. This programme covers the stages of development of 0-12 months offering advice and guidance on the challenges you may face. This programme is great in understanding how your baby will develop to become a unique self-aware individual.
- Toddler Incredible Years. This programme provides advice and guidance on how to deal with challenging behaviour, prepare for pre-school and build up self esteem in your toddler.
- Henry (Health, Education & Nutrition for the really young) Everyone wants the best for their children, but it can be hard to know what to do as a parent in the early years. That’s where HENRY comes in.The HENRY programme is free to join and helps you give your child the best possible start in life.
- Building Blocks Interactive group sessions covering Play, Talk, The Art of Praise and Encouragement, and Positive Discipline Techniques