Frequently asked questions
- If I am a parent from Bradford
- If I am a Practitioner from Bradford
- If I am a Parent from outside Bradford
- If I am a Practitioner from outside Bradford
1. What happens after I complete an Enrolment Form and send it back to Barnardo's?
You will go on our Waiting List and we will contact all the people on the Waiting List before we run our next programme. We run on average 5 or 6 programmes per year. There are up to 12 places available on each programme which is open to all parents/carers on the waiting list.
2. How long will I stay on the waiting list?
For a minimum of one year but this can be extended with your agreement.
3. Do I have to accept the first programme offered to me?
No, we will invite you to all programmes we run for up to a year.
4. Who are the facilitators that deliver the programme?
They are practitioners or parents from the Bradford District who have a knowledge and experience of meeting the needs of children on the Autistic Spectrum.
5. Will it cost me anything?
6. How do I find out about Cygnet Practitioner Training in Bradford?
The courses are administered through Bradford Workforce Development. To find details of courses and course applications forms you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01274 434503.
7. How do I find out if there is a Cygnet Programme available in my region?
Go to the National Cygnet Providers section of our website and see if there is a provider in your region. If there is, you can try and contact the organization directly from the information we have provided, or we can try and contact them for you. We cannot guarantee that all organisations on our contact list will still be providing a service at the time of your request.
8. What can I do if there is not a Cygnet Programme being run in my area?
- a) You can still contact us just in case we have been contacted by a potential provider in your region as they may be in the process of developing a service.
- b) You may want to make representation to relevant people in your region suggesting they consider becoming a Cygnet Provider.
If I am a Practitioner from outside Bradford
9. I am a Practitioner who would like to deliver the Cygnet Parenting Support Programme in my region, what should I do?
Read the section on the Parenting Support Programme and then click on the link for Authorities and Organizations interested in purchasing the Parenting Support Programme. This should provide detailed information on how you can do this and what you will need to consider.
10. I am a Practitioner who would like to deliver the Cygnet Practitioner Training Programme in my region; what should I do?
Read the section on the Practitioner Training Programme and then click on the link for Authorities and Organizations interested in purchasing the Cygnet Practitioner Training Programme. As this is a newly developed service, we have limited available information at this time but full details will be published by the end of December 2011.
11. I am a Practitioner who would like to go on Cygnet Training in my region; how do I find out if it is available to me?
We will post a list of Authorities/Organizations on our website who will be providing this service, as soon as they become available.