Carlisle Rural SureStart Children's Centre
We offer a wide range of free, accessible services for families with children aged 0-19 years, with more support targeted at those who need it most.
Carlisle Rural SureStart Children’s Centre is committed to helping parents, carer’s and families to:
- establish effective partnerships with professionals
- support learning, enjoyment and achievement
- promote healthy lifestyles and choices
- provide safe homes and stability
- promote positive behaviour
- participate in making their community a better place to live
To achieve these aims we work in partnership with many agencies which include: East Cumbria Family Support Association, Health Visitors, Midwives, Job Centre Plus, Adult Education and Family Learning, Inspira, Police, Local Parish Council, Riverside Housing Association and Children & Families Information Service.
Our services include play and early support, parenting support, individual home-based family support, help for parents to find work or training, childcare, health services, and volunteering opportunities.
The Children’s Centre covers the wards of:
- Longtown and Bewcastle, Arthuret, Kirkandrews, West Linton, Kirklinton Middle, Solport, Nicholforest, Heathersgill
- North Carlisle, Belah, Stanwix and Kingmoor
- Brampton, Hallbankgate, Gilsland, Great Corby, Geltsdale, Hayton, Irthing, Stanwix Rural and Wetheral.
Barnardo’s basis and values
Carlisle Rural Sure Start Children’s Centre is run by Barnardo's. Barnardo’s believes we can bring out the best in every child and their Basis and Values heavily influences all of the work we do with children and families.