Barnardo's Bradford Young Carers Service
Welcome to Bradford Young Carers website, the links on the left hand side will take you to the other pages on our site, which we hope will provide you with the useful information about the work we do with young carers and their families.
Barnardo's Bradford Young Carers Service is a partnership between Barnardo's, Bradford CCG's and the Local Authority The service was established in 1994 and has continued to address the needs of young carers through effective partnerships with a range of agencies.
Bradford Young Carers Service works with children and young people aged 5-18 years.
A Young carer is a child or young person under 18 whose life is affected by caring for a family member who has a physical illness or disability, mental health difficulties, sensory or learning disability or has a problematic use of drugs or alcohol.
Looking after a person might mean:
- listening to them and keeping them company
- cooking meals and making drinks
- interpreting and translating
- looking after brothers and sisters when parents are unwell
- cleaning and tidying the house
- providing personal care such as helping with dressing and bathing
- doing shopping, laundry, ironing
- helping with medicattion
- managing finances