Information Advice and Support
The Information, Advice and Support Service is for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in the Bradford area - and for their children too.
Our staff help parents and children to work together with schools and the local authority so that they have a good understanding of what support is needed and to make sure that it is put in place.
What can we do?
We provide independent and impartial information, advice and support to parents of children and young people who have or may have special education needs (SEN). Children and young people may also access support from the service.
How can we help?
Our support worker can help you with the following:
- providing access to information regarding SEN provision, Education, Health and Care Plans, statements, transport, exclusions and appeals
- helping to explain the content of reports/letters
- making telephone calls on client's behalf and supporting them with writing letters
- supporting clients to arrange meetings with schools and other professionals and attending the meetings with parents
- accompanying clients on visits to alternative educational settings
- liaising with schools, the local authority and other agencies to promote positive relationships with clients disagreement resolution services
- equipping clients with the skills and confidence to work with professionals
- signposting clients to other sources of support
Tel: 01274 513300
Email: Bradford SENDIASS
Facebook: Bradford SENDIASS