This year, the Loch Ken ‘Wild Swim’ will be in aid of Barnardo’s Scotland. Join in this swimming fundraising extravaganza at the Galloway Activity Centre.
The clean, clear waters of Loch Ken are ideal for wild swimming. The water is SEPA tested and as part of the hydro-electric scheme the loch is regularly filled with fresh water from the Rhinns of Kells. Open Water Swimming is one of the fastest growing sports in the world – get involved today!
Lots of abilities can take part as there will be a 1k, 2k or 4k open water swim. There will be a kids 100m swim which includes swimming over or around some of the obstacles on the GAC waterpark (Seal slide and Saturn). Included in your registration fee you will receive a finishers t-shirt, drink and a hot dog.
Why join Team Barnardo's?
- A dedicated events team to support you every step of the way.
- Unrivalled advice through training, nutrition and every aspect of your challenge.
- All the fundraising support and guidance you will need.
- A Barnardo’s t-shirt to wear when you’re back on dry land
- You'll be supporting the UK's most vulnerable children and young people.
Take on this challenge and help us transform the lives of the most vulnerable children in the country. We’d love to welcome you to Team Barnardo's at these ‘Wild Swim’ events.
To enter, please visit www.sientries.co.uk and search for the event name. Please email email@example.com once you have signed up and we will provide you with a fundraising pack plus information on how your fundraising can make a difference to the lives of children and young people.