Barnardo's Urban Summit – London
Push to the peak of London’s iconic skyscraper The Leadenhall Building, also known as ‘The Cheesegrater’. Want to climb even higher? Choose from three challenges. These include multiple ascents, which make this London’s highest and toughest stair climb! Conquer the height of world-famous peaks from the middle of the City.
Choose your challenge:
Peak 1: The Cheesegrater
1,250 steps | 1 ascent | 737ft high
Peak 2: Height of Ben Nevis
7,500 steps | 6 ascents | 4,422ft high
Peak 3: Height of El Capitan
12,500 steps | 10 ascents | 7,370 ft high
What can you expect from Urban Summit?
- An exhilarating challenge to take on independently, with colleagues or friends
- A free Barnardo’s technical vest and chip timing to record your result
- Incredible views from the top across London’s fantastic skyline
- A post-event celebration with a finishers’ medal, photo and refreshments to refuel
- A comprehensive training plan and fundraising guide in the lead-up to the event
- Support every step of the way as we cheer you to the peak!
Why fundraise for #TeamBarnardos? By conquering your peak you can transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children. The vital funds you raise from your challenge will allow us to help children in difficult circumstances, and give them the confidence to believe in themselves. For every £1 donated, we spend 91p on charitable activities.