Barnardo’s Priory Family Centre
Barnardo’s Priory Family Centre is a partnership service between:
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council Directorate for Children
- Young People and Families
- The Big Lottery Reaching Communities
- Barnardo’s Yorkshire region.
The family centre is made up of highly qualified and experienced practitioners. The work is enhanced by dedicated volunteers and students.
There are different but interlinking elements to the service. This includes:
- supervised contact
- an Ofsted registered nursery
- drop in
- baby group
- parenting groups
- short breaks for disabled children.
The family centre has specialised facilities and disabled access which allows full inclusion of the centre, is child friendly and welcoming to all. Many of our toys, resources and displays celebrate diversity in many forms.
One of our strengths within our multi-disciplinary staff team is that we have a broad range of skills to draw upon when creating any programme of work.
The service works closely with the local community and other agencies to assist children and families in reaching their potential.