Join the team at a local shop and you could make a real difference to disadvantaged children and young people.
You'll be one of 10,000 shop volunteers keeping our 700 shops up and running and supporting our work.
Some volunteers give us two hours a week, others give us 20. They're all making a vital contribution to our work. We welcome children and young people as volunteers too – you just need to be 14 or over.
The benefits of volunteering
You will meet new people every day and have some fun for a good cause.
You will also get to beef up your CV and learn skills that will boost your job prospects:
- customer service
- retail skills
- IT and administrative skills
- increased confidence
- problem solving
Some Barnardo's shops give you the option to take retail & customer service NVQs and other accredited programmes and courses.
What you'll be doing in the shop
Join us and you'll have the opportunity to:
- work on the till processing sales and returns
- prepare stock, including sorting, steaming and pricing
- create stylish window displays
- replenish stock on the shop floor
- stocktake and other administrative tasks
We give all our volunteers full induction and training.