We've completed The Big Toddle 2023!
Toddlers across the country took part in a short, sponsored walk to help children, young people and families who need Barnardo's support and had buffa-loads of fun!
If you took part this year find out how to pay in the money you raised during your Big Toddle.
Next year's Big Toddle will take place from 10 to 16 June 2024. Want to join in? Sign up to the Barnardo's newsletter to stay in touch and find out when registrations open.
Thank you for supporting Barnardo’s.
About the Big Toddle
This safari-themed sponsored walk is aimed at children under five, although all ages and abilities can take part. Your toddlers can get support from brave older siblings, and the littlest cubs can join in the fun from their pushchairs, or as we like to call them, their solo safari jeeps!
Big Toddle Week 2024 will be from 10 to 16 June.
You can organise a Toddle Together as a group from a nursery, school or playgroup, or do a turtle-y amazing Home Safari with family or friends.
Your Big Toddle can be indoors or out, at your school or nursery grounds, or somewhere full of natural sights and sounds like a garden, park or woods. A half a mile walk is normally, just right.
Download your Big Toddle fundraising guide now, and when you sign up you will receive our roar-some activities, certificates, and shiny Big Toddle medals.
Our Big Toddle resources include lots of free activities, resources, and games to help take your little ones on a wild adventure with our safari theme. The resources fit purr-fectly into the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, providing your cheeky little monkeys with some great learning opportunities along the way.
With lots of opportunities for inventive dressing up, creative arts and crafts and heaps of indoor and outdoor fun, the Big Toddle will make sure you have a whale of a time this summer!
Find out more about the Big Toddle
Organising your Big Toddle | Big Toddle Sponsorship Forms | How can I raise money? | What will I get in my fundraising pack? | What if I’m not free during Toddle Week? | How do I pay in my Big Toddle fundraising? | Making your donations go further with Gift Aid | I have another question. Who can I ask?
Organising your Big Toddle
When you sign up for the Big Toddle you’ll receive by email access to our Big Toddle activities. Every toddler will receive a certificate for taking part and a shiny Big Todd medal. The pack has everything you need to get started, but here are some simple steps to give you an idea of how to organise your event.
- When registrations open sign up to the Big Toddle! It's helpful to know how many children are likely to take part as you will be asked this so we know how many medals to send you.
- Choose your date. Big Toddle Week 2024 will be from 10 to 16 June. If you would like to hold your Toddle in a different week, email Barnardo's Supporter Care team to let us know.
- Choose your location and distance.
- Invite everyone along! Your online activity pack includes invitations and posters that can help you spread the word. You can also share your Big Toddle plans on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Send in your money. Your Big Toddle fundraising pack contains details of how to get the money you raise to us. Your efforts could help us improve the lives of children who've had the toughest starts in life.
How can I raise money?
Fundraising for your Big Toddle couldn’t be easier, and our fundraising pack is a great place to start. It’s full of inspiration and ideas to help your little ones raise vital funds, while having loads of fun!
You’ll get your digital pack as soon as you sign up so you can start fundraising straight away. From June, your fabulous physical fundraising pack with your medals, sponsorship forms and certificates will be whizzing their way to you.
Children taking part can ask friends or family members to sponsor using our special sponsorship forms or you can help them to set up a Big Toddle Just Giving page (opens in new window) for the event. You’ll find all the information on how to do this in your Fundraising Pack.
You could also:
- organise an after Big Toddle picnic
- arrange a Big Toddle medals ceremony
- hold the Big Toddle on the day of your sports day.
What if I’m not free during Toddle Week?
We encourage everyone to organise their event during Big Toddle Week, which is 10 to 16 June 2024. We understand that this is not always possible, so if you would like to organise your Toddle at another time, email the Big Toddle team and we can support you to do so.
How do I pay in my Big Toddle fundraising?
Thank you very much for your efforts. Every penny raised in the Big Toddle could completely transform the lives of children who've had the toughest starts in life. You can pay your donation in using any of the methods below. Please have your Barnardo’s reference number (starting ORN or SRN) handy. This will be included at the top of your welcome pack which we will send after you register.
- Pay in online via The Big Toddle Just Giving page (opens in new window). This is our preferred method.
- Call our friendly Supporter Care team on 0800 008 7005 to make a payment using a credit or debit card.
- Send your cheque(s), made payable to Barnardo’s Big Toddle, with your bank giro slip to Barnardo’s Big Toddle Processing, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, IG6 1QG.
- Take donated cash, cheques and your bank giro slip to any Barclays bank.
- To pay online via BACS, please use these details: Toddle Bank, Account number: 60479500 Sort Code: 20-57-30
Making your donations go further with Gift Aid
Don’t forget to complete and send us the details on our Big Toddle Sponsorship Form to claim Gift Aid and increase your donation!
Post your sponsor forms to Barnardo’s Big Toddle, with your bank giro slip to Barnardo’s, Big Toddle Processing, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, IG6 1QG.