About the event
With over 50,000 runners a year, it has become the noisiest, and most unforgettable half marathon in the world – and we’d love you to join #TeamBarnardos and take on this exciting event in support of vulnerable children in the UK. Join us in September 2022 for the Great North Run! Please note, the date for the 2022 event is still to be confirmed, and we will update this once the date has been officially announced by the race organisers.
Register for this event
Join the Barnardo’s Team
Join the Barnardo’s team by signing up for a charity place today!
For our places, there is a minimum fundraising target of £350. And throughout September, we are offering an early-bird registration fee offer of just £15 (offer ends 30th September 2021, standard price £30).
Got your own place?
If you have your own place in the event confirmed, we would love to have you as part of the Barnardo’s Team. There is no minimum fundraising target - so anything you raise is really appreciated. Please get in touch with us on [email protected] to join the team!
What do you get?
Run for #TeamBarnardos and we’ll make sure you know just how incredible you are. We're talking:
- Constant inspiration and advice from Rebecca – your very own, very determined personal support team
- Your personalised Barnardo’s running vest – scientifically proven to make people cheer very loudly at you!*
- Access to our training plans and information, to help prepare you for race day
- The greenest, loudest cheer station on the big day to help you cross that finish line
- A VIP post-race party in the charity village, to say a special thank you for all your hard work
*Just ask anyone who’s worn one of our vests before.