One of the 'Seven Summits', Kilimanjaro is the highest freestanding mountain in the world. Its summit rises high above the dusty plains and huge permanent glaciers flow down from its peaks; these views are the reward for pushing your limits both physically and mentally.
This trek takes the Machame route allowing gradual acclimatisation and an excellent chance of reaching the summit. During your six days on the mountain you will pass through thick forest, moorland and scree enroute to the highest point, Uhuru Peak. This is a challenging trek at altitude, climbing one of the most impressive and well-known mountains in the world.
“This was a fantastic adventure. It pushed me to my limit both emotionally and physically, but I will look back and draw on the strengths I gained from the experience for the rest of my life!” - Jane Kerindi, Kilimanjaro Summit Climb
Trek to the summit of Africa's highest mountain
Trek through rainforest and high moorland to rocky scree
Spectacular views of summit glaciers and African plains
Full moon departures - increasing summit success rate
Machame route allos for acclimatisation to altitude
24th August - 2nd September 2018
21st - 30th September 2018
26th December 2018 - 04th January 2019
Why join TeamBarnardos?
- A dedicated events team to support you every step of the way.
- Unrivalled advice through training, nutrition and every aspect of your challenge.
- All the fundraising support and guidance you will need.
- You will receive a Barnardo's t-shirt.
- You'll be supporting the UK's most vulnerable children and young people.