We know that training and fundraising for a challenge can take up a lot of your time and energy and that sometimes, you might need some help with ideas or advice. That's why, no matter what challenge you do, from the minute you sign up, we'll be on hand to support you and to make sure your challenge is an experience you'll never forget.
Benefits of joining the Barnardo's team
If you sign up to a Barnardo's challenge event you'll receive the following:
- Fundraising advice and ideas - we can also send out sponsorship forms, collection tins, and things like balloons and posters to help you if you're having a fundraising event
- Access to online fundraising sites for easy, secure fundraising
- Training information and advice - find out information on all kinds of events, with training plans and nutritional advice
- Training days with your fellow participants*
- Opportunities to visit a local Barnardo's project, so you can see for yourself the work you are supporting
- Regular contact from the Challenge Events team from the minute you sign up
- Cheering stations along the routes at most big running events
- Post-race receptions with refreshments and sport massage*
- Barnardo's high performance running vest or Barnardo's t-shirt to train in and wear during your challenge
- Access to our facebook and twitter accounts to chat to fellow participants and the team with any questions
*at some events.
Thank you for all your support and the lovely card you sent.
I think I had more support from the charity than anyone else doing the trip, and it really helped me keep going through difficult times.
Tilly Arbenz, London to Paris cycle challenge, 2009