Using information from our website
Barnardo's frequently receives requests from students to use information from our website for school projects. Below are some guidelines you must follow when using our material.
- You may use any text from our website as long as you include a reference to say where you got it from.
"By the time Thomas Barnardo died in 1905, the charity he founded ran 96 homes caring for more than 8,500 children." (Source: http://www.barnardos.org.uk/history accessed 1 Oct 2009)
- If you re-write information in your own words you do not need to include a reference.
- If you quote or re-phrase facts involving numbers, you should include a reference stating Barnardo's as a source.
Barnardo's spends 82p out of every £1 they raise on helping children and young people (source: Barnardo's Annual Review 2009).
- Please contact the Corporate Communications team if you would like a copy of our logo to use in a project.
- Please do not use pictures from our website - they are copyright and we only have consent from the people in them to use them in certain circumstances.
- If you would like pictures of any of our advertisements, please contact the Brand Marketing team.
- If you would like to use any of our archive images please contact our Image Library.