Skip to navigation

What should I do if I think my child may have sexually harmed another child?

It is extremely difficult for a parent to consider that this may be happening or have happened. It is important to contact someone for advice early on.

Early help for the child and the whole family is essential.  

If you are concerned about your child’s sexualised behaviour you may want to discuss it with your GP, who can refer you on to specialist help. You can also contact one of the helplines belows.

Stop it Now! Helpline

Telephone: 0808 1000 900


At the Stop it Now! Helpline, trained operators provide confidential advice to anyone worried about their own or others thoughts or behaviour towards children. Emails received at this address are anonymised to preserve confidentiality. Please visit the Stop it Now! webiste for more information.

NSPCC helpline

Telephone: 0808 800 5000


The NSPCC helpline is a place where adults can get advice or share their concerns about a child, anonymously. It's staffed by professional practitioners who can provide expert advice and support. More information can be found on NSPCC's website.

Real Love Rocks

Real Love Rocks is a programme developed by Barnardo’s to help raise awareness about child sexual exploitation, and to encourage young people and parents to talk about healthy relationships and staying safe. This video is part of a library of films available as a resource to schools. More details can be found on the Real Love Rocks website.

Real Love Rocks Promo from Barnardo's Real Love Rocks on Vimeo.