Donate goods: including clothes, toys and books
Last year, your unwanted items raised around £7 million towards transforming the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
So please have a good clear out and donate your unwanted items to your local Barnardo's store.
What to donate
Barnardo's stores accept donations of a wide variety of goods, including:
- Women's, men's and children's clothing
- Furniture (selected furniture shops only) - please ask before donating or arrange a furniture collection
- Shoes, handbags, jewellery and accessories
- Quality homeware – from vases and photo frames to ornaments and tea sets
- electrical goods
- Books, toys, CDs and DVDs
- foreign currency (coins or notes).
How to donate
Find out more about:
- arranging a furniture collection
- donating electrical goods
- donating foreign currency (coins or notes)
These unwanted items could be loved by someone visiting one of our stores.
All profits from our stores go directly towards Barnardo’s work with children, young people and their families across the UK.
If you are a UK tax payer, the next time you take stock donations into one of our stores, please sign a Gift Aid form and help us raise more to help vulnerable children and young people in the UK. Once you have signed up, any further stock donations you make can also help us raise more.
For more information and to complete a Gift Aid declaration form, please ask in store.
Barnardo’s adheres to the Fundraising Promise and Fundraising Standards Board Guidelines.