Inspired by our amazing TeamBarnardos in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2018?
Our applications for the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon are now open!
When you run for Barnardo’s, you help make a lifelong difference to vulnerable children across the UK – because a child’s future should never be defined by their past
"It was without a doubt the best thing I've ever done! The day was amazing and the support from the Barnardo's team in the lead up was second to none. They even had my favourite drink waiting for me at the finish line!"
Emily, #TeamBarnardos Runner in the 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon
Why join #TeamBarnardos?
Fundraise for Barnardo’s and we won’t let you forget just how amazing you are. We’re talking:
- Constant inspiration and advice from Rebecca and Maddie – your very own, very determined personal support team
- Our unforgettable London Marathon Training Day, hosted by double-gold winning Olympic legend Daley Thompson CBE
- Your personalised Barnardo’s running vest – scientifically proven to make people cheer very loudly at you*.
- Your VIP post-marathon party, including a massage expertly targeted to make those next day aches that little bit less tender…
- Check out some of the highlights from last year!
*Just ask anyone who’s worn one of our vests before.
Our applications are marked and not allocated on a first come first served basis. Those applicants with enough points will gain a place in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 for Barnardo's. If you are successful in gaining a place with #TeamBarnardos you will hear from the team within 2 weeks of the date you applied. You may not hear back from Barnardo's if you have been unsuccessful in gaining a place. You may reapply for a place if you have orginally been unsuccessful. Please put as much information as possible on your application form.