Barnardo’s Bradford Parent Partnership Service
01274 481183 (9am - 5pm)
Barnardo’s Bradford Parent Partnership Service is a partnership between Barnardo’s and City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council (CBMDC).
The service was established in 1995 to provide independent and impartial support, advice and information for parents/carers of children who have or may have special educational needs (SEN).
Children with special educational needs have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn or access education than most children of the same age. The term 'special educational needs' has a legal definition.
They may experience difficulties with:
- all of the work in school
- reading, writing, number work or understanding information
- expressing themselves or understanding what others are saying
- making friends or relating to adults
- behaving properly in school
- organising themselves
- sensory or physical needs which may affect them in school.
The following video shows the work of Parent Partnership Services across England.
Please see our how we can help page for details of the services we provide within Bradford.
An Urdu/Punjabi speaking member of the team is available to help parents and carers from the South Asian communities as required.