With around £44 billion being spent on new clothes in the UK each year, it’s time to ditch the fast-fashion movement and write your own style rules.
With so many amazing pre-loved items just waiting to be snapped up in your local Barnardo’s store, isn’t it time you started adding some unique and timeless charity fashion finds to your wardrobe?
By shopping with us, not only will you look great, but you’ll also be supporting thousands of vulnerable children and young people who we help every year.
We hope you enjoy these inspirational looks which have been specially created for Spring/Summer 2017, using entirely pre-loved items donated to our stores.
Be unique, and create your own #MyBarnardosStyle today!
This competition is now closed.
Terms and conditions
1. Entrants are required to follow @barnardosretail and share an image of their styled Barnardo’s purchase on Instagram or Twitter using the tag #mybarnardosstyle, with a copy to @barnardosretail. Submitting an entry using this tag constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Only one entry per contestant permitted. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. All winning entries must provide proof of purchase of clothing from Barnardo’s in order to claim their prize, failure to provide a receipt will render the competition entry null and void.
4. The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 16 or over, except the employees of Barnardo's and or their families.
5. The consent of a parent or guardian must be obtained for entrants under 18 years old. By consenting, those parents or guardians have accepted the terms and conditions of the competition.
7. The competition will close at 12.01am on 31st May 2017. Submissions received after this time will not be considered for the competition.
8. Three winners will be selected by Barnardo's, and the winners chosen by 3pm 9th June 2017. The winners will be notified via the messaging function on Instagram or Twitter. In order to receive a prize, entrants agree that they must disclose certain information to Barnardo's, including their name and address.
9. Photographs submitted to the competition must be the work of the individual submitting them and have not and will not be submitted to any other competition. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they are not infringing the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and they own the copyright in it.
10. Copyright in all images submitted for the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants Barnardo's a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, paid up, royalty free licence to use the image in any publications, websites or promotional material, whether or not directly associated with this competition. The successful entrants agree to execute any documents reasonably required by Barnardo's to ensure the transfer of any rights.
11. The prize will consist of a single goody bag per winner.
12. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
13. Winners may be required to take part in publicity.
14. Barnardo's may reject an entry and/or require the entrant to remove the photograph from Instagram and or Twitter if it is in breach of these terms and conditions or if the entrant acts in any way which brings or is likely to bring Barnardo's into disrepute.
15. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Barnardo’s and accordingly Barnardo's may at its absolute discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Barnardo’s as a result.
16. Barnardo's does not accept any responsibility for any delay or failure in transmitting or receiving any communication for any reason. To the extent permitted by law, Barnardo's excludes all warranties and representations, and all liability relating to the competition and the prizes, except liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
17. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is promoted by Barnardo's, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex IG6 1QG, registered charity number 216250 and SC037605.