See the Job Vacancies section of the Barnardo's website which will contain further information and application instructions for vacancies at Meadows School and other Barnardo's projects.
We are currently recruiting for a new member of the maintenance team;
School Caretaker, Groundsman, Driver, Meadows School
Job Ref: SEA710
Area(s): South East England
Based: Meadows School, London Road, Southborough, Kent, TN4 0RJ
Full Time: 36.25 hours per week
Meadows School is a successful non-maintained residential and day special school (9-16) and off-site unit 16+ unit (16-19) run by Barnardo's, providing education for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties; Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Speech and Language difficulties and associated learning difficulties.
The school has a 19 acre main campus and operates several sites and buildings across the local area.
Salary Scale, Barnardo's D18A (£17,950 TO £20,187)
Hours of work: 36.25 with flexibility
Ideally to start early 2017, start date negotiable
We require a Caretaker/Gardener/Driver who can;
- Assist and support the Premises Supervisor in school and grounds maintenance tasks
- Work as a part of the maintenance team to ensure the buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard
- Supervise other maintenance staff, liaise with contractors and ensure compliance with legislation and Barnardo's procedures
And who has;
- An understanding and awareness of health and safety legislation and implementation
- Experience of building and maintenance, repairs and grounds work
- A flexible and adaptable approach to tasks
- A clean driving licence
- A willingness to undertake further training
For further information on Meadows School in the first instance please consult the school website at: www.barnardos.org.uk/meadowsschool or contact Stephen Hawkins (Premises Supervisor) on 01892 529144. Visits to the school are encouraged.
Applicants will be required to undertake a Declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household as the applicant or who lives at their address, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
Closing Date: 12/12/2016
Interview Date(s): 16 December 2016
For further details and to apply please click here: