Meadows School provides outstanding care and good education as judged by Ofsted.
Meadows School is a non-maintained special school in Kent run by Barnardo's. The school building is purpose-built and offers excellent facilities on a 19 acre site. We offer placements on a 38 week Monday-Friday basis.
We provide education and care for;
- up to 64 students
- residential and day students
- girls and boys aged 9-19
- young people who have social, emotional and behaviour difficulties
- young people with speech, language and communication needs, who are on the Autistic Spectrum or who have other associated needs
- young people who have a statement of Special Educational Needs (EHCP) or who are in the process of application with completion due shortly.
We offer a broad curriculum tailored to individual, special needs in order to help our pupils achieve their full potential at the school. This includes:
- opportunities to study for GCSE’s, BTECs, Vocational Skills qualifications, Entry Level Certificates and AQA Unit Awards. We also offer AS Levels for some 16+ students
- regular residential and day trips
- providing a key worker to work with every young person and their parents or carers throughout their time at the school
- celebrating achievements through school assemblies and weekly and annual prize giving ceremonies
NEW FOR 2013
KEY STAGE 2 PROVISION
NOW OPEN FROM SEPTEMBER 2013
FOR STUDENTS AGED 9-11
Please enquire directly at the school for more information
Final Term Dates for 2013-14 available now - 2 additional INSET days in July
New Term Dates for 2014-15 now available
Year 9 trip to the Houses of Parliament on 23rd January 2014
Click here to find out more..Students
Trip to Ypres on 17th October 2013
Click here to find out more...Students
Pupil Premium Information
Click here to find out more...Pupil PremiumView all of our news and events >>
Welcome message from Principal
Running time: 00:00:22
This is a WMV format file and is played with
Windows Media Player (v9 or above).