Meadows School provides outstanding care and good education as judged by Ofsted.
Meadows School underwent an educational Ofsted 'short inspection' on the 4th October 2016 - where the school has been judged as continuing to be good!!
Meadows School is proud to celebrate 9 years of 'Outstanding' judgements for residential provision (Ofsted - previously CSCI)
The most recent Ofsted Care Inspection was held on the 7th to the 9th February 2017 - rated as 'Outstanding'
Meadows School is a non-maintained special school in Kent run by Barnardo's. The school building is purpose-built and offers excellent facilities on a 19 acre site.
We offer placements on a 38 week Monday-Friday basis.
We provide education and care for;
- up to 80 students
- residential and day students
- girls and boys aged 7-19
- young people who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- young people with speech, language and communication needs, who are on the Autistic Spectrum or who have other associated needs
- young people who have a statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or who are in the process of application with completion due shortly.
We offer a broad curriculum tailored to individual, special needs in order to help our students achieve their full potential at the school. This includes:
- opportunities to study for GCSE’s, BTECs, Vocational Skills qualifications, Entry Level Certificates and AQA Unit Awards. We also offer AS Levels for some 16+ students
- regular residential and day trips
- providing a key worker to work with every young person and their parents or carers throughout their time at the school
- celebrating achievements through school assemblies and weekly and annual prize giving ceremonies
This academic year is beginning with some staffing changes! Katie Bain - Deputy Principal (Education) is taking maternity leave and during this period of time we have appointed 3 Assistant Heads.
Camilla Gould - Foundation Curriculum: overseeing Years 4 - 8
Marianne Rodger~Weetman - Extended Curriculum: overseeing Years 9-14
Eddie Reilly - behaviour: overseeing behaviour across the school
We welcome them into their interim roles!!
Read the Curriculum letter (Term 4)- click here
The school timetable is now available to view - click here to view it...Timetable
Please see below the most recent homework grid;
'LOCAL OFFER' INFORMATION -
including information on what Meadows School provides
Click here to find out more...Local Offer
Pupil Premium Information
Click here to find out more...Pupil Premium
PE and Sport Grant Information
Click here to find out more...PE and Sport GrantView all of our news and events >>