Meadows School provides outstanding care and good education as judged by Ofsted.
Meadows School is proud to celebrate 7 years of 'Outstanding' judgements for residential provision (Ofsted and CSCI previously)
Meadows School is 1 of only 3 residential special schools in Kent currently rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted Social Care!!
Meadows School is a non-maintained special school in Kent run by Barnardo's. The school building is purpose-built and offers excellent facilities on a 19 acre site. We offer placements on a 38 week Monday-Friday basis.
We provide education and care for;
- up to 64 students
- residential and day students
- girls and boys aged 9-19
- young people who have social, emotional and behaviour difficulties
- young people with speech, language and communication needs, who are on the Autistic Spectrum or who have other associated needs
- young people who have a statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health ans Care Plan (EHCP) or who are in the process of application with completion due shortly.
We offer a broad curriculum tailored to individual, special needs in order to help our pupils achieve their full potential at the school. This includes:
- opportunities to study for GCSE’s, BTECs, Vocational Skills qualifications, Entry Level Certificates and AQA Unit Awards. We also offer AS Levels for some 16+ students
- regular residential and day trips
- providing a key worker to work with every young person and their parents or carers throughout their time at the school
- celebrating achievements through school assemblies and weekly and annual prize giving ceremonies
KEY STAGE 2 PROVISION
FOR STUDENTS AGED 9-11
Please enquire directly at the school for more information
'LOCAL OFFER' INFORMATION -
providing information on what Meadows School provides
Click here to find out more...Local Offer
Pupil Premium Information
Click here to find out more...Pupil Premium
PE and Sport Grant Information
Click here to find out more...PE and Sport GrantView all of our news and events >>