Isle of Wight Family Centre Services
How can this service support me?
Just a few examples of the way in which these centres can support you
- Birth and Beyond; information and guidance on what to expect pre-birth and beyond and breastfeeding support,. Contact with Midwifes and health visitors
- 0-2 Babies to Toddlers: workshops on how to understand your child’s stage of development, Five to Thrive workshops - (how you can support your child's brain development) breastfeeding groups, Baby and Family Play Sessions and more.
- 2-5 Toddlers to School age: workshops/programmes on how to understand your child’s stage of development taking a nurturing approach, family play sessions.
- 5-12 Primary Years: transitional support and guidance to help parents and children prepare for school, parenting advice for any challenges you are facing, parenting programmes on building relationships and supporting your child through this developmental stage.
- 13-16 Teenage years: Sexual health advice, parenting advice for any challenges you are facing with this age group, parenting programmes on understanding brain development and managing the transition through puberty.
- 16-19 Young Adult: Sexual Health advice, parenting advice for any difficulties you are facing, parenting programmes to manage the transition through to adulthood.
- Specialised support for children with additional needs: Stay and play groups for families with children with additional needs and specialised parenting programmes for parents with children with ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
- 19+ Adult classes: career advice, Free Maths, English and I.T classes.
What's on Guides
And the list keeps on growing, and it will continue as this service is shaped around your needs.