SEND at High Close School
Pupils who attend High Close School have a vast range of special needs and difficulties that make learning in a mainstream environment challenging. A large proportion of High Close pupils have multiple diagnoses.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
- Attachment Disorder
- Asperger's Syndrome (ASC/ASD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Mental Health Issues
- Sensory Impairment
- Communication and Interaction Needs
- Speech and Language Difficulties
We have a Primary school and an Autistic Spectrum (ASC) unit where pupils are taught slightly differently to meet their needs. We believe that given the right support, young people can overcome these obstacles and become successful and fulfilled individuals.
Several pupils at High Close also qualify for a Pupil Premium allocation which is used to address the particular needs of that pupil.