Barnardo’s Hamara Family Project has been providing a valued and well respected service for disabled children, young people and their families in Waltham Forest since January 1990. We work with all the communities in the borough and are constantly developing services which aim to meet the needs of our service users.
Our vision is:
To offer a range of non-residential services to disabled children and young people who live within the borough, which enhance their lives at home, promote their independence in the community and support their families in caring for them.
Hamara means 'our' in Urdu and Hindi.
- care for children in their own home
- care for children in a carers home
- play, leisure and holiday activities
- support for parents or carers, brothers and sisters
- support for children to participate in mainstream activities
- training for service providers and parents or carers.