Raising money online
Setting up an online fundraising page and promoting it using social media is quick, easy and very effective.
You can instantly reach a wide audience who can donate in a simple and secure way; people can sponsor you anywhere, anytime!
How does it work?
- JustGiving and Virgin Money Giving are both online giving websites that collect donations and Gift Aid for a small percentage of the funds raised.
- Once your event has finished we receive the money and get in touch to say thank you for your efforts, it’s that easy!
Stand out from the crowd
- The key to successful online fundraising is to make your page stand out.
- Tell people why you are fundraising and use photos or a video.
- Include examples of what Barnardo’s could do with the money to encourage your donors to give that little bit extra.
Promote your event using social media
Social Media sites provide a fantastic way of sharing your online fundraising page with everyone you know, and their friends!
You can tell hundreds of people about your fundraising event with the click of a button.
Read our hints and tips on how to maximise your fundraising total using Social Media.
A few tips for staying safe online
- Think carefully before posting your personal details online, this includes photographs.
- Do not post photographs or videos of children without their parents consent
- Do not post personal information about other people without their permission, this includes photos and videos.
- Always try to think of a good password when creating accounts online, a mixture of letters and numbers is best.