|Substance Misuse Education in Schools|
This Service is delivered in partnership with Fife Education Directorate to provide education programmes for P7, S2 and S3 pupils and a targeted service to other priority groups. The programmes contribute to Curriculum for Excellence Health and Wellbeing Outcomes, Fife ADP Outcomes and Barnardo’s Outcomes.
- All P7, S2 and S3 school pupils.
- Pupils in primary/secondary schools and specialist education units who are identified as ‘most at risk’ of using substances.
- Other ‘priority provisions’ to groups of under 18 young people deemed to be more ‘at risk’.
- Increased knowledge of alcohol/drug misuse risks
- Ability to describe safety strategies
Example Learning Outcomes
- Participants have an increased understanding the effects that a range of substances, including tobacco and alcohol, can have on the body and mind.
- Participants are more able to identify the different kinds of risks associated with the use and misuse of a range of substances, including tobacco and alcohol.
- Participants are developing a range of skills, which can support decision-making about alcohol use.
- Participants have an increased understanding of the positive and negative effects that substances (including alcohol) can have on a person.
- Participants have an increased understanding of the impact that ongoing use of substances (including alcohol) can have on a person’s health, future life choices and options.
- Participants are developing a range of skills, which can support decision-making about substance use.
- Participants have an increased ability to demonstrate strategies for making informed choices.
- Participants are more able to describe safety strategies.
- Referrals are not appropriate for in-school programmes as these are arranged in liaison with each Primary/Secondary school directly.
- Referrals for our targeted service to pupils can be made by telephoning our service on 01592 651482 or emailing us on email@example.com
- Sessions are pro-actively planned and organised, on an ongoing basis, by the team.